A CRITICAL piece of information to read before your next tax return…
Choosing the right tax preparation specialist has numerous and far reaching implications; more than most people realize. Recent announcements indicate that certification requirements for tax preparers is about to become more lax. Are you confident your tax specialist is up to speed on new tax laws, expiring tax rates, Obamacare and how it affects small business? Has your tax preparation specialist been in contact with you throughout the year advising you on tax planning strategies that will save you significant money? If not, you should seriously consider looking elsewhere for your income tax preparation needs. We highly recommend the local Tax Specialist for your area listed on this site; they are highly trained tax experts that can explain the laws, what your numbers mean, and how you can implement a few strategies to significantly reduce your tax obligation.
Too many times tax preparers RELUCTANTLY let business owners make one mistake over and over that costs their clients thousands of dollars. It’s not their fault. It’s just that the average accountant does not understand how to communicate the true burden rate of making this one mistake.
In the majority of cases, the business owner underestimates the value of keeping up with their bookkeeping on a daily basis. This one simple error does not seem important in July when they are busy or money is tight, but on April 15th it can cost them a FORTUNE. The saddest part is that they do not realize the even bigger fortune it costs them in “lost opportunity cost”.
Do you need to?
- Clear up a bunch of bookkeeping from the past so you can do your tax return?
- Find a tax preparation specialist that understands business owners and their needs?
- Look for ways to reduce your tax burden?
- Feel comfortable with your tax preparation fees?
- Paying too much in taxes?
- Tired of high tax preparation fees?
- Worried because you do not have your books up to date for your current preparer?
- Concerned that your numbers are not correct?
- STRESSED because you have not filed for several years?
WE CAN HELP!
Click on “Find a Trainer in My Area” above for contact information on a local
tax preparation specialist in your area.
The biggest reason small business owners pay too much in taxes or pay their accountant too much for a tax return is because of “Back Work”.
It sounds simple, but is far more important than one might imagine. It means your bookkeeping is months past due or has material errors. These are problems that must be fixed to cut your cost. You cannot take your business to the next level without accurate numbers, accessed on a DAILY basis, on which to base critical business decisions.
You are not alone…7 out of 10 small businesses in the U.S. that are doing under 10 million in annual sales, have material errors in their bookkeeping. That’s because bookkeeping software and tax compliance have become so complicated over the past 10 years, that it’s almost impossible to get it right on your own. On top of that we are suffering a severe shortage of good bookkeepers today. Hiring a bookkeeper is easy; getting a qualified one that knows more than basic data entry is tough.
This causes 3 COSTLY problems:
- You spend a fortune to have your CPA or tax accountant catch up your books – ($75 to $120 an hour) just for data entry, basic bookkeeping or repair of transactions that are not correct.
- Tax planning is impossible with inaccurate books. In most cases you don’t have a chance to take remedial steps until it’s too late.
- Whenever a CPA or tax accountant is in doubt about a revenue question, deduction or business expense – they use caution and let the mystery transaction fall to the bottom line. In many cases your books look like you made more than you actually did, increasing your tax liability.
Tax Preparation Specialists – We are experts when it comes to basket cases.
If your office looks like the picture above – we can help. CALL NOW