Intuit has developed QuickBooks Self-Employed, which helps freelancers get paid more easily and more quickly. This version of QuickBooks allows the self-employed to create invoices and input information either via the Internet or using Intuit’s mobile app.
Intuit’s research shows that invoicing is the most requested feature for self-employed QuickBooks users. This is important because the average freelancer is owed more than $10,000 in outstanding invoices. They also spend an average of 36 hours just collecting payment from their clients. QuickBooks Self-Employed helps freelancers be more efficient with their invoicing so they receive payment more quickly. In fact, most invoices sent electronically are paid within two weeks of receipt.
The new invoicing feature from QuickBooks Self-Employed helps freelancers get paid more quickly by:
- Allowing Freelancers To Send Invoices On Demand – The mobile app allows freelancers to quickly and easily fill out and send professional invoices, no matter where they are. They can also quickly see a summary of outstanding invoices.
- Offering The Ability To Accept Online Payments – The QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile app also allows freelancers to give their clients the option of paying by e-check or credit card. Their clients can simply click on the invoice to send payment.
- Being Able To Keep Tabs On The Invoice Status Via SmartInvoice – A new feature from QuickBooks Self-Employed allows users to get updates when their customer views an invoice or when they make payment.
Managing cash flow can be difficult for freelancers because their work is often inconsistent. QuickBooks Self-Employed helps freelancers get paid more quickly by being able to offer electronic invoices and the ability to pay online. Some other benefits of using QuickBooks Self-Employed for freelancers, include:
- Lower Taxes – Many users are able to get back as much as 10 percent of their total annual income from using QuickBooks Self-Employed. In fact, the average tax savings are nearly $5,000.
- Easier Deductions For Miles – The mileage-tracking feature from QuickBooks Self-Employed also helps freelancers get nearly 50% more mileage deductions than non-QuickBooks In fact, freelancers who have used QuickBooks have saved more than $125 million in mileage deductions.
- Deduction Of Home Office – QuickBooks Self-Employed also makes it easier for freelancers to save money by deducting the cost of their home office. They can easily figure out how to deduct the office space from their rent or mortgage, percentage of their utilities, etc.
The bottom line is QuickBooks helps freelancers get paid more easily and more quickly. Find out how you can use QuickBooks Self-Employed to gain a better control of your invoicing and cash flow today.