This “Import File” tutorial is for those who want to import a QB online banking WebConnect file into QuickBooks for Windows
QuickBooks online banking is a powerful business tool that can save a business owner untold time and money when used correctly. That being said, the first time you attempt to conduct an import of a QuickBooks online banking WebConnect file (files that have a .qbo extension), you may have a few questions. Try the detailed instructions below, and do not hesitate to call our QuickBooks consultant in your area to answer any additional questions you may have and to get the comprehensive QuickBooks help you need.
What is a WebConnect file?
WebConnect is a method that allows a person to download transactions from their financial institution(s) directly into the appropriate account register in their financial software such as QuickBooks®. WebConnect is now supported by most banks and requires a user to first download the data file to their own computer; it is then either opened automatically by their financial software or users can initiate the data import into the software directly from the file. WebConnect is a very useful tool as it allows a user to select a range of transaction dates to be downloaded.
Instructions to Import a WebConnect file to QuickBooks for Windows
To import online banking transactions using a WebConnect file:
- Download your WebConnect file using the instructions from your financial institution. The file will have a .qbo extension
- In your QuickBooks accounting software, go to your File menu. Now Utilities, then Import and then WebConnect Files
- Choose the .qbo file that you saved in the first step, then click Open
- When you are prompted to Select Bank Account, choose Use an existing QuickBooks account if you have already set up the bank account. If you have not yet set the bank account up in QuickBooks, choose Create a new QuickBooks account and then enter the name
- Click on the Continue button
- When the import is complete, you can view review your transactions by going to the Online Banking Center
If you encounter any problems, call our QuickBooks consultant in your area for help!