The QuickBooks PDF Converter is a feature in the software that allows for forms and reports in QuickBooks® to be emailed in Adobe PDF (portable document format) file format. These QuickBooks files can then be viewed in Adobe Reader. If you are reading this article because you have encountered a problem with your QuickBooks PDF Converter, you might need to reinstall it to troubleshoot your issue. To send and print various reports and forms in a .PDF file format, you need the converter. It is important to note that if you are attempting to resolve an error with PDF, Intuit, the maker of QuickBooks, highly recommends you use the QuickBooks PDF Diagnostic Tool to help you resolve the issue. If you have not tried the tool at this point, try it first. If you still have problems, we highly recommend you contact our QBExpress QuickBooks expert in your area.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks PDF Converter – The process of deleting and reinstalling the PDF Converter is estimated to take approximately twenty minutes:
1. Log in with your Administrator password into Windows
2. Now open Printers and Faxes window:
Vista or Windows 7
• Click on the Start button, which is the Windows logo and select Run. In the scenario where Run is not an option, click on Start Search if you have Vista or Search program and files if you are using Windows 7.
• Enter the words control printers in the blank field and then click OK
• Click on the Windows Start button and then select Run
• Enter the words control printers in the field titled Open and click OK
3. In this step you will delete the PDF Converter in QuickBooks
• Windows XP or Vista: Right click on the QuickBooks PDF Converter icon and then select Delete. To confirm you want to delete the converter, click on zolpidem online order Yes.
• Windows 7: Right click on the PDF Converter icon and then select Remove Device. To confirm you want to delete the device, click on Yes.
4. On your Windows desktop, right click on the QuickBooks icon and select Properties
5. Click Open File Location or Find Target
6. The next step is to install the QuickBooks PDF Converter so double click on Install.exe or on Install Application.
7. After the install is complete, click on OK.
8. Now click the Start button in Windows and select Run. If Run is not an option, click on Search programs and files if using Windows 7 or in the field Start Search in Vista.
9. To open the Printers window, enter the words control printers and then click OK.
10. Windows XP or Vista: Select Rename after you right click Amyuni Document Converter
Windows 7: Select Printer Properties after you right click the Amyuni Document Converter
11. Depending on which version of QuickBooks you are using and the release that is installed, enter the correct name as listed below:
• QuickBooks PDF Converter–QB versions 2007 and 2008, 2009 R1 through R8, and 2009 R11
• QuickBooks PDF Converter 2.0–QB 2010 R1 and R2, 2010 R6 and above
• QuickBooks PDF Converter 3.0–QB 2009 R9 and R10, QB 2010 R3, R4 and R5
We hope this helps resolve your issue. If not, contact our QuickBooks expert in your area for answers to any QuickBooks questions you may have.